Join the Charity Miles Competition!
This May, our Midwest & Pennsylvania Regional Leadership Council (RLC) is challenging you to join in their Charity Miles Competition!
From May 3-28, the Midwest & PA RLC wants you and your club members to get active, all while raising funds for Operation Smile. Funds will help to provide comprehensive health and surgical care for its patients born with cleft conditions. A gift card to the Operation Smile Shop will be awarded to the top individual fundraiser as well as the individual who racks up the most miles walked. The club with the most money fundraised will win Operation Smile swag!
The goal of this fundraiser is to spread awareness for Operation Smile and raise money for the organization, all while getting outside for some exercise. Just walking via the Charity Miles app leads to very minimal donations to Operation Smile, so the best way to make an impact for our patients is to link your walking to your club’s Smile Fund.
Challenge your club members to see who can walk the most miles or raise the most for new smiles. Challenge other clubs in your region or across the USA to see who can raise the most money or walk the most miles. The more students and supporters you can engage, the more surgeries we can help to provide for children around the world who are living with untreated cleft conditions.
Don’t forget to read through the attached flier and instructional guides to get involved!
For any questions about this activity, please email email@example.com.
To join the May 2021 Charity Miles Competition, you need to:
- Introduce this idea to your club members at one of your club meetings
- Use your Smile Fund page or set up a Smile Fund page (read the how-to guide if your club doesn’t have one already)
- Download the Charity Miles App – see the fundraising how to guide
- Link your club/individual Smile Fund page to your Charity Miles account. Watch our video or read the fundraising how-to to learn how to sync these two applications
- Start collecting pledges and donations through the Charity Miles app, which will directly link to your club’s Smile Fund page. Consider:
- Asking family and friends to donate a small amount (even cents) for miles walked during the month
- Approach potential sponsors, including businesses, teachers, etc. to join in the pledge
- Set a goal for the miles you want to walk
- Set a club goal for miles walked
- Remind your club members of the potential to win prizes